Troubleshoot Smartcard Daemon on IGEL OS
Here is an short wrap up how to get debugging logs from PC/SC daemon. Even if you are not able to read anything useful out of it, it could speed up troubleshooting at IGEL Support.
1. Start a lokal terminal and log in as root.
2. Use ‘ps waux | grep pcscd’ to find out the process id of the PS/SC daemon.
3. Type in kill PROZESSID to stop the process.
4. Restart the process with ‘/usr/sbin/pcscd –foreground –debug > /tmp/pcscd-debug.log &’
5. Reproduce the issue.
6. Grab the log file from /tmp/pcscd-debug.log
7. Reboot the TC to start PS/SC normally.